CSA Production Lead
Proposed Start Date: August 2022
Compensation: $20 + benefits
Schedule: Full Time 30hrs+
Established in 2013, Ocean2Table is a small and growing grocery delivery business based out of Santa Cruz, California. We offer traceable, sustainably harvested and locally produced foods. Our mission is to protect our natural resources for generations to come by ensuring local, social and economic well being and global environmental health.
Ocean2Table offers weekly CSA-style shares of the freshest, sustainably harvested seafood, produce and wild foraged goods. We offer home delivery throughout the Monterey Bay and San Francisco Bay Areas. We fish, forage and farm ourselves, and source directly from other like-minded captains and farmers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about food, and interested in collaborating with a close knit, environmentally conscious and motivated team that is working hard to build a mindful food system. We’re growing and are looking for someone whose long term goals involve living in this area. This position requires a candidate with strong communication and an interest in experimenting, learning and growing together.
The CSA Production Lead reports to the General Manager and serves as the primary position to ensure accurate fulfillment of weekly CSA orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and carryout CSA setup & order assembly
- Receive inventory and grade appropriately
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Help maintain consistency in protocol
- Assist with pickup orders
- This position is physically demanding and requires working in person
- Orchard maintenance
- Work outside at the orchard at least one day a week
- Ensure harvest is done thoroughly, inventoried and stored at warehouse
- Drive on route if needed for home delivery and or wholesale to local restaurants
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with Excel and spreadsheets
- The ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift 60lbs
- Experience using a forklift is a plus
- Be comfortable working in a refrigerated walk in
- Works well with others
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility in a changing work environment
- Have a smart-phone
- Have a valid CA Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Experience with CSAs, delivery, environmental stewardship, fisheries, food production, customer service, and restaurants is a plus, but not a requirement